Back in September we welcomed the team from The Fat Duck into our Fermentery to learn more about the process behind our Sparkling Teas that have sat on their menus since 2017. It would have been wrong not to feed them while they were with us (an ever so slightly daunting task), so we headed to our kitchens with our very best recipes.
With the crumbs left at the end of the session signifying a seal of approval, and in the spirit of all things citrus, I’d like to share with you my recipe for a deliciously zesty lime and courgette cake topped with sweetened cream cheese.
While we can’t promise cake, we’d love for you to join us for a Tasting & Tour at our Fermentery on either Sunday 12th or Sunday 26th March. Book online now to secure your spot!
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line the base of two 9 inch cake tins with greaseproof paper.
- Beat the oil, sugar and eggs in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder then fold into the mixture. Gently fold in the grated courgette and lime zest.
- Split equally between your cake tins and bake for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool a little before turning them out onto a wire rack.
- To make the topping, beat the cream cheese and icing sugar together until smooth. Add the zest and juice and stir.
- Once cool (otherwise the cream cheese melts instantly) sandwich the cakes together with a layer of zesty cream cheese and top with the rest.